Friday 8 June 2012

Books

I am writing this on a very rainy morning and what better thing to do on a rainy day than read a book?
  One of my favourite authors is Kit Pearson.  Some of the books she wrote are:
  • The Daring Game
  • A Handful of Time
  • The Sky is Falling - Guests of war book, 1
  • Looking at the moon - Guests of war, book 2
  • The Lights go on Again - Guests of war, book 3
Here are three good series:
  • Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
  • My Story (Lots of different authors)
  • Dear Canada (Lots of different authors)
These are 10 of my favourite books: (not in order)
  • Jeremy Cabbage (by: David Elliott)
  • Mine for Keeps (by: Jean Little)
  • Who is Frances Rain? (by: Margaret Buffie)
  • Island of the Blue Dolphins (by: Scott O'Dell)
  • Bright Freedom's Song (by: Gloria Houston)
  • Titanic Young Survivors - 10 True Tales (by: Allan Zullo)
  • Number the Stars (by: Lois Lowry)
  • The Hollow Tree (by: Janet Lunn)
  • The Princess Bride (by: William Goldman)
  • To Be a Slave (by: Julius Lester)
Three series my sister likes are:
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society (by: Trenton Lee Stewart)
  • Magic Thief (by: Sarah Prineas)
  • The Hunger Games (by: Suzanne Collins)
This summer I probably won't be bored but if I am, what are some of your favourite books, authors or series?

3 comments:

  1. SO - you got bit by the Hunger Games bug, eh? I loved book one, liked book two and kinda liked book three. How would you rate them? Have you guys seen the movie yet?

    Jean Little has always been one of my favorite children's and young adult authors. She tells a great story and makes you fall in love with her characters right off the hop!

    No matter where I've taught and which kids I've known, "Island of the Blue Dolphins" is always such a favorite. Hannah read it last summer, I think, and loved it as well!

    I saw a book in the new Teen Scholastic book order that looks really good. I want to order it for myself. It's a true story about what it was like to be taken from your family and moved to a Residential School. I think it's called "Fatty Legs".

    Have you read any books by Eric Walters? Perhaps you'd enjoy them. You and Hannah will have to have a good old fashioned book swap when we get back and unpack all the boxes! Then you'll both have some new reading to do!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Thea, where should I start?

    My mom is right-Eric Walters is awesome! You have to read his books. I suggest Safe as Houses (historical!), Shattered (awesome!), or Wave (about a tsunami!)

    A book that I know you will love love love love love is The Other Half of my Heart. I love love love love love this book! MUST READ!!!

    I series I am really getting into is The sisterhood of the traveling pants. It sounds weird but is one of the best books I've ever read. There are four books, The sisterhood of the traveling pants, the second summer of the sister hood, Girls in pants, and forever in blue. PLEASE read. There is also a movie about it that I really want to watch.

    Petey-Oh, you love this book and cry as much as I did. Maybe. Amazing story about a baby who is left to an insane asylum back when they didn't know what cerebral palsy was. He is diagnosed as being an "idiot". That was a real diagnostic term! Very good book.

    I could go on and on and on but will save that for when I get back to Winnipeg. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read safe as houses....... it's so sad that hurricane hazel actually happened!


    Peeta

    ReplyDelete